The Transcend Bedside Kit for Waterless Humidification allows the Transcend Travel CPAP Machines to use heat moisture exchange (HME) technology to deliver humidified air without the hassle of a water chamber. HME technology is clinically proven, and has been used in hospitals for over 50 years.
The Transcend Bedside Kit for Waterless Humidification is compatible with the:
- Transcend Starter CPAP Machine
- Transcend EZEX CPAP Machine
- Transcend Auto CPAP Machine with EZEX
The Transcend Bedside Kit for Waterless Humidification comes with:
- Transcend 6 ft pressure line delivery hose
- Transcend headgear
- Forehead pad assembly
- Mask shell assembly
- Mask adapter ring
- 4 HMEs
The Transcend 6 ft pressure line delivery hose is attached to the Transcend II CPAP machine. The Mask assembly with adapter ring, headgear, and forehead pad assembly are combined and attached to the hose. The HME is placed in the mask shell assembly where the the hose connects.
This kit is adaptable to a small range of popular nasal masks, listed below. To use this kit with the Transcend Travel CPAP machine, all you will need is a compatible mask cushion. Tailor your set up by clipping the cushion to the included adapter ring and attach to Transcend's mask assembly. The manufacturer of the Transcend is working to expand the list of compatible masks, currently it is available for use with:
- ResMed Ultra Mirage™ II Nasal CPAP Mask
- ResMed Mirage SoftGel™ Nasal CPAP Mask
- ResMed Mirage Activa LT™ Nasal CPAP Mask
- ResMed Mirage Activa™ Nasal CPAP Mask
- Philips Respironics ComfortGel™ Original Nasal CPAP Mask
- Philips Respironics ComfortGel™ Blue Nasal CPAP Mask
The HME should be changed each time you feel that you are not receiving adequate humidification. This averages about once per week. Keep the replacement HME sealed in its packaging until ready for use. It will immediately start to collect moisture once exposed to the air.